Please login or register.

TinyPortal - simple content managment for SMF

News: Summertime!

Author Topic: Seattle Center and FSS frequencies  (Read 2376 times)

BruceAir

• BruceAir

Seattle Center and FSS frequencies
« on: November 17, 2011, 02:12:54 PM »
I've extracted a couple of pages from the Washington State Airport Guide that show maps (emphasizing WA) with low-altitude frequencies for Seattle Center and Flight Service. The latest edition was published in 2009, so you should verify the information with current charts and the A/FD.

In particular, note that the sector surrounding KPAE is now controlled by Seattle Approach. But the frequency, 128.5, is still correct.

You can find the PDFs in Pilot Goodies, one of my SkyDrive folders. Look for:

WA-ZSE-FSS-Freqs.pdf (this PDF includes both maps)

and

ZSE-Freqs.PDF (this PDF is a larger map that shows all of ZSE's low-altitude sectors)
-Bruce
www.BruceAir.com
KBFI/A36/Extra 300L

davidh

• Administrator
  • Wishing I was out there flying instead of surfing.

Re: Seattle Center and FSS frequencies
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 06:54:51 PM »
Good stuff.  Thanks, Bruce!
David Herman
N6170T - 1965 Cessna 150E
Boeing Field, Seattle, WA

SkyPilot

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 08:27:05 PM »
I don't wish to be picky, but on the topic of KSEA approach taking over the ZSE Paine Sector, I have certainly noticed some differences in the level of service.  For one, they are often slow to give you a transponder code when entering their airspace and initially requesting VFR flight following.  One time, I departed Harvey at night and did not get my code until I was all the way North of Arlington.  Sort of defeats the purpose of flight following.  Secondly, the actual transmission sounds, in my honest opinion, to be much weaker.  I assumed that the same radio frequency repeaters would be used, but maybe the radio equipment from the RAPCON building is different then from the ZSE Auburn facility.  The signal from KSEA App just south of Paine has always been spotty at low level. Now the sound quality is not as good all throughout the sector. Again, not complaining here, just sating some observations on the occasion of the roll over to ZSE. 

Anyone else notice more differences?
Aviation Law Attorney
Piper PA-38 Tomahawk
KBLI - Bellingham, WA

RV10Rob

• http://kochman.net/N819K

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 03:47:23 PM »
One the plus side, apparently you can now get flight following from Paine ground, before takeoff.
Rob Kochman
RV-10 N819K
Paine Field
http://kochman.net/N819K

S50flyer

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 06:12:21 PM »
If you are looking for frequencies for the ATC facilities...get yourself an IFR enroute low chart for the area. The frequencies are all listed in boxes on the charts located on the near the actaul geographic location of the radio transmitter.

I don't wish to be picky, but on the topic of KSEA approach taking over the ZSE Paine Sector, I have certainly noticed some differences in the level of service.  For one, they are often slow to give you a transponder code when entering their airspace and initially requesting VFR flight following.  One time, I departed Harvey at night and did not get my code until I was all the way North of Arlington.  Sort of defeats the purpose of flight following.  Secondly, the actual transmission sounds, in my honest opinion, to be much weaker.  I assumed that the same radio frequency repeaters would be used, but maybe the radio equipment from the RAPCON building is different then from the ZSE Auburn facility.  The signal from KSEA App just south of Paine has always been spotty at low level. Now the sound quality is not as good all throughout the sector. Again, not complaining here, just sating some observations on the occasion of the roll over to ZSE. 

Anyone else notice more differences?

yes....the service that comes from the tracon verse center is noticeable...flying IFR i get worse service from the tracon then i do from center....the tracon is slow...often is sloppy with things like vectors to approaches ectt. I have on several occasions been vectored inside the marker on an ILS..which just screws everything all up. I had them take 30 minutes to give me an IFR clearnace once..then when they did give it to me..it was for another aircraft with one letter difference in the call sign. (yes mistakes happen i know) I have also had them deny me an IFR clearnace because they were to "busy" i circled and circled and after almost 20 minutes..they told me they were unable. I filed a formal complaint at the FSDO about that one......so dont worry..your not alone

Lynol

• Flying Miss Direction

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 10:06:43 AM »
Thanks Bruce.  I've been looking for such a handy guide.
Lynol
Flying N2169H, '46 Ercoupe 415-C
Building RV7