Please login or register.

TinyPortal - simple content managment for SMF

News: Fall is Falling!  Keep Flying!
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: For Sale: LSA Fisher Dakota Hawk - $20,000  (Read 6421 times)

dakotahawk

For Sale: LSA Fisher Dakota Hawk - $20,000
« on: August 05, 2011, 05:15:07 PM »
With some regret, I am offering my Dakota Hawk for sale.  I built this plane - completed in 2002, and flew it for about 275 hours over the next eight years.  It is fully LSA compliant!  In 2009, I completed a Van's RV-7, and I've been flying it almost exclusively since then.  I just don't fly my Dakota Hawk enough to justify keeping it.  :(

Fisher Flying Products Dakota Hawk    www.fisherflying.com

This plane has been hangared since Day One!  This picture was taken during the Arlington Fly In, which is one of the few times that I left it out in the weather for more than a few hours!  The Dakota Hawk flies like a Champ.  It's Continental C-85-12F engine is solid and reliable.  The larger tundra size tires roll easily over gravel/turf strips.  The wings fold back against the fuselage by removing four bolts per wing - storage width is about 11 feet wide with wings folded.  It takes about five minutes per wing and can be done single-handed easily.  Flying with the doors and windows open is refreshing!

The Dakota Hawk cruises at about 90 mph, stalls at 35 mph clean, 33 mph with flaps.  Vfe is 60 mph.  Vx & Vy are both ~60 mph.  Approach speed is also 60 mph (not too hard to remember the numbers, when everything is 60 mph!)  Fuel burn is about 4 gph. There is room for sleeping bags / tent / light luggage behind the seat.  The kit manufacturer says 50 lb max baggage on the shelf behind the seat. No weight limit on space behind the seat/ under the shelf as long as W&B is adhered to.

My plane is equipped with full electrical, including all lights required for night VFR flight. 
XCom 760 Comm radio
Terra TRT-720D Transponder
Airspeed / Altimeter / Vertical Speed
Whiskey Compass
CHT
Oil Temp
Oil Press
RPM

My Dakota Hawk is currently hangared at Arlington KAWO - it shares a hangar with my RV-7.

Thanks for looking.
Scott Stewart
Fisher Dakota Hawk N17DH (sold)
RV-7 N957RV
Track Scott now

cficarlos

Re: For Sale: LSA Fisher Dakota Hawk - $20,000
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 08:26:50 AM »
*DROOL*

I wish I had my tailwheel, I'd consider it then.

hotrod150

• bustin' minimums since 1995

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 09:41:18 AM »
*DROOL*
I wish I had my tailwheel, I'd consider it then.

The lack of a tailwheel endorsement isn't much of a hurdle, esp for someone who's experienced & skilled enough to hold a cf-double-i.   5 hours or so with someone like George Kirkish oughta do the trick, no problem.
Fly low and maintain radio silence

cficarlos

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 11:04:33 AM »
I'll definitely look into it, thanks!

Lorax68

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 12:41:56 AM »
Hi,

Just looking at your Dakota Hawk. I would be bringing it in to Canada as an Ultralight and wonder if it is weight compliant. I think it needs to be gross at 1200 lbs. Also I was wondering if you would deliver it for expenses. I am up the coast in Northern BC. Pretty nice area if you were looking for a little adventure before fall.

Chris

dakotahawk

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 08:14:20 AM »
I don't know the Canadian Ultralight regs, so I can't speak for the compliance.  The Dakota Hawk gross weight (per the kit manufacturer) is 1150lbs.

Delivery can be easily arranged, and I would be happy to take care of it for you.
Scott Stewart
RV-7 N957RV
Track Scott now

Al Gilson

• Global Moderator
  • "Go Cougs!" (I'm on the left)
    • Hangar 49

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 08:53:48 PM »
I don't know the Canadian Ultralight regs, so I can't speak for the compliance.  The Dakota Hawk gross weight (per the kit manufacturer) is 1150lbs.

Delivery can be easily arranged, and I would be happy to take care of it for you.

Scott, you might want to read up on the aircraft exporting rules.  As I recall, there's a few hoops to go through with regards to de-registering the aircraft.  I saw a site from a Canadian dealer with the details a few years ago.

Al (having a senior moment and can't remember) Gilson
Al (insert witty statement here) Gilson
1964 Skyhawk-N3082U  "The Rocket"
KSFF Spokane, WA
www.hangar49.info

dakotahawk

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 09:55:24 PM »

Scott, you might want to read up on the aircraft exporting rules.  As I recall, there's a few hoops to go through with regards to de-registering the aircraft.  I saw a site from a Canadian dealer with the details a few years ago.

Al (having a senior moment and can't remember) Gilson

Al, good point to consider.  I googled a couple of different pages about importing a plane into Canada.  The biggest sticking point is that all logbooks, placards, weight and balance, etc have to be completely current.  Compass has to have a current "swing", transponder/static check needs to be current, etc.  Since this would have to be done for a US sale, there's really no change for a Canadian sale.

The second sticking point is how to fly the aircraft into Canada.  I think it would be simpler to pull the wings off (about a half hour task) and put everything on my flatbed trailer and drive north.  Less stress worrying about flying across the border (something I've never done), dealing with customs and GST, trying to determine whether the plane is a US or Canadian aircraft during the flight, and flying in the Canadian air traffic system.  Much easier to just drive.  I would probably have to figure out the GST crossing the border, but much easier to do when the truck and trailer are parked at the Port of Entry.

Anyways, it's just an intellectual exercise until there's a deal on the table.
Scott Stewart
RV-7 N957RV
Track Scott now

Lorax68

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 11:30:11 PM »
Scott,

Could you send me an email at clhow68@hotmail.com so we can discuss the Dakota Hawk off of the forum. I don't see any other contact method (I am new to the forum so I could be missing something).

Chris

hotrod150

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 11:03:09 AM »
....The biggest sticking point is that all logbooks, placards, weight and balance, etc have to be completely current.  Compass has to have a current "swing", transponder/static check needs to be current, etc.  Since this would have to be done for a US sale, there's really no change for a Canadian sale.......

I've bought three different airplanes here in the US & none of that stuff had to be done to complete the sale. As long as the title was clear, no problem. These were flying airplanes, not projects or derelicts. Of course, it's a different story at the first annual.
  One of our members here imported a C170 from Canada several years ago, & as I recall there were a number of BS hoops he had to jump through to get it registered. Like flying across the border, it's probably easier to sell south-to-north than vice-versa.  I sure don't wanna throw a wrench into your transaction,  but I would suggest getting the straight scoop from both the FAA and TransportCanada beforehand.

skydave

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 02:18:26 PM »
Sold my Warrior to Canadian call if you need helped I also deliver  253.820.4967  Dave
Blue Skies

dakotahawk

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 08:59:43 PM »
Bumping my Dakota Hawk up the list.  There have been a couple of tire kickers, but I'm still waiting for an offer! 
Scott Stewart
RV-7 N957RV
Track Scott now

dakotahawk

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2011, 08:02:55 PM »
Time to bump this up the list again.  I thought I had the Dakota Hawk sold, but the guy flaked out on the deposit check >:(, so...  It's on the market again!

Here's your chance to own a great LSA compliant airplane with a REAL aircraft engine (It's a Continental - not a two-stroke Rotax.)

Always hangared - currently at Arlington airport.

Thanks for looking.

Scott Stewart
RV-7 N957RV
Track Scott now

hotrod150

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2011, 07:51:19 AM »
  Were you out flying the Hawk at Arlington yesterday, Scott, or (hopefully) was it the new owner? In any event, it was looking good. I'm surprised that someone hasn't snapped this one up-- even in this market, $20K is a very reasonable price for a 9-year-old airplane with less than 300 hours total time, and with a "real" C85 airplane engine to boot! You can barely buy a timed-out beater J3 or Champ for that kinda dough.
      If there's anyone looking for an airplane for the kind of short-grass-strip flying that I like to do, this looks like it'd be a good choice.  Maybe you're way ahead of me, but you might think about posting an ad on the backcountrypilot.org & supercub.org sites-- lotsa pilots on those forums that're into the kind of flying that this airplane is made for.
  Good luck with it.

dakotahawk

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2011, 10:37:13 AM »
Yep, that was me!  I was giving the new owner 2 hours and 10 landings for his insurance.  I sold the Dakota Hawk on Barnstormers to a guy in SoCal about three weeks ago, but he cancelled out of the sale the day that I was supposed to deliver it to California.  I put it back on the market, and had a firm offer within three days, and we closed the deal yesterday.

The Dakota Hawk, which has occupied the same corner of Homebuilt Row #9 at Arlington Fly-In for the past nine years, now lives in Independence, Oregon. 

Scott Stewart
RV-7 N957RV
Track Scott now
Pages: [1] 2