Please login or register.

TinyPortal - simple content managment for SMF

News: Summertime!

Author Topic: Acuwings  (Read 2162 times)

mirafone

Acuwings
« on: June 10, 2013, 02:02:39 PM »
Hi all,

I have made several attempts to contact Baha regarding the status of business at Acuwings at Renton. The phone number says it is temporarily disconnected, but the website is still up. I have attempted to contact them through their website's form and a PM to Baha through this PNF forum. Is there any official word on their status that I could reference? I was attempting to use one of the flight training certificates I had with them, but I am concerned they may not be around any more. :(

Thanks!
David Wyatt

BEFA Member - KRNT
WPA and AOPA Member

zam

Re: Acuwings
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 09:45:40 PM »
They are still at Renton, but they have moved several hundred yards North. You access them via the BEFA driveway -- their office is on the closest corner of the hangar complex North of BEFA. When I stopped by a month ago I was told they now have use of a hangar for maintenance work.

SteveG

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 09:38:12 AM »
I was at Auburn last week and 3 of their planes were parked there.
74 Piper Warrior
S43 Harvey Field
Snohomish, WA

martyduke

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 06:21:10 PM »
I noticed at least one of their planes down here at Auburn too.  The airport manager mentioned recently that they were hopefully going to have another flight school down where the last one was soon.  Hmm, I wonder.  It's a nice empty building with lots of tiedowns and picnic tables in front.
Marty Aircoupe N6365V S50

acuwings

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 09:03:54 PM »
We are going through some transition period right now. Both my wife and I are pretty tired of all the 10 years of struggle with City of Renton and other people in the area.  .. We should have moved to Auburn a year or two ago, but I couldn't see that working.

At this point we are asking Livingsocial and Groupon customers to contact. My warriors are for sale for $18,000 (N8756C) and $15,000 (N4346F) respectively if anyone is interested. I am currently overseas and won't be back till mid July.

Auburn has got really nice facilities and the place is relatively cheap to rent. I can assist anyone with any start ups for free. I would love to see the name survive , but my attempts have been unfruitful.

Baha

Domenick

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 08:06:41 AM »
Sorry to hear of this.  I heard only good things about Acuwings.  Good luck in the future.
Domenick
PA-28-161
Snohomish, WA, Harvey Field, S43
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54098312/flying/index.html

SteveG

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 08:56:09 AM »
Wow - sorry to hear this Baha! It's a tough business, for sure.
I wish you the very best at what ever you end up doing.
74 Piper Warrior
S43 Harvey Field
Snohomish, WA

acuwings

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 04:16:49 PM »
Thanks guys,
I would have been a major airline FO or a regional CA if I didn't do AcuWings but I had the most fun ever. We trained a lot of good pilots, some of them are even airline pilots / captains now.. We are finishing up some people that were getting trained by us. After that it will be over.  I am doing some contract work during my vacation overseas so that I can pay back some people who have deposits with us.

I don't know where will I be after 2-3 weeks , I am even moving away from Seattle as commuting to Indianapolis everyweek gets tiring at my age. But my memories will always remain..

If I stay around, you are more than welcome to ask for my CFI services.

Baha

davidh

• Administrator
  • Wishing I was out there flying instead of surfing.

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 06:41:43 PM »
Wow, sorry to hear all this.  Hope things work out and good luck with whatever comes next.
David Herman
N6170T - 1965 Cessna 150E
Boeing Field, Seattle, WA

Gregulator

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 08:47:58 PM »
Ah shucks! I got checked out in the Sportstar, then it went down for the generator issue for a while and when it came up I was finishing my instrument rating. I never did get to fly it myself. I hope your next aviation venture is rewarding; good luck.

tonyrob

• Global Moderator
  • GICE
    • The World According To Tony

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 09:29:04 PM »
Really sad to hear this - it is a tough business to survive in.
Best wishes to you in whatever you do!

Tony
C-GICE
Caution: Cape does not enable user to fly.
(Walmart warning label 1995)

Rod

• Spencer Aircraft      Aircraft Hardware and Pilot Supplies online store

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 10:44:37 PM »
Sorry to see another good company close its doors.  This is happening far to often.

PEOPLE, local businesses need your support/help!  How can you help?   If they do good don't assume everyone knows that, tell everyone you know and maybe few you don't!  Most people only talk about bad experiences but many times don't say much about good services, as good service is expected.  Your right we should expect good service, but in this industry that is not always the case, so when you get good service tell someone.  I am still amazed when I go out to the pumps and I still find people that either never heard of Spencer's or didn't know it was new ownership.  Almost as they are still wearing foggles while gassing up.  Point being TALK!  TELL! EMAIL! POST! and USE.

Talk about good service received, Tell people about services various companies provide (even if they don't fly), Periodically email others about these companies and local services, Post on Facebook and  mention in  Forums the service these company provide.  Use these local services before going out of state. Yes even if it costs a few dollars more.  Don't assume people know about these companies.

Perfect example is one of our customers suggested Spencer's for a particular fastener to someone in the boating industry, that customer now may be purchasing over $50k per year (fingers crossed) for fasteners on boats.  Although our annual volume has increased we still have a ways to go to reach reach a profit.  I know I could use and appreciate everyone Talking, Telling, Emailing, Posting, and Using our services.

So when your at the pumps say hi to your local pilot.  Ask questions like who does your maintenance? Flight training? Where do you get you supplies ect...   Then tell them about the businesses you like to use...  Something so simple makes a huge difference.

For those that already do this, which I know some of you do, Thank You!  These businesses appreciate it, I surely do.

AccuWing. Wish you the best!
www.SpencerAircraft.com Aircraft Hardware and Pilot Supplies
Where General Aviation Lands
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYDddPufLpk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

SkyPilot

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2013, 11:19:06 AM »
I flew a few hours with the AccuWings instructors recently. Very professional and easy to fly with. I hate to see this business close. This is all sad news.
Aviation Law Attorney
Piper PA-38 Tomahawk
KBLI - Bellingham, WA