Please login or register.

TinyPortal - simple content managment for SMF

News: “Flying is like good music: it elevates the spirit and it's an exhilarating freedom. It's not a thrill thing or an adrenaline rush; it's engaging in a process that takes focus and commitment." - Harrison Ford

Author Topic: Anderson Field Airport (S97) - Overview  (Read 1435 times)

davidh

• Administrator
  • Wishing I was out there flying instead of surfing.

Anderson Field Airport (S97) - Overview
« on: February 27, 2009, 09:24:09 AM »
Introduction:
A nice little small town airport on the Columbia River at the southern end of the beautiful Okanogan Valley.  The field is in a pretty setting on the north shore of the river, surrounded by orchards and other agricultural land.  Not much available on the field, other than a shady sitting area.

Photos:

Local Reporting Points
There are no well-known local reporting points for this airport that we're aware of
If you know of any, please add them in a reply below

Other websites about this airport:

User Contributions Wanted!
Local knowledge and first-hand reports can be an important source of information for visiting pilots.
Please add your own PIREP, comments, corrections and updates below so others can benefit from your local knowledge and experience.

Disclaimers & Legal Stuff
My lawyer says to remind you that all the information contained here is certainly not intended for navigation, so please use it at your own risk. Always confirm any information you find online with an official government source, since we all know that the internet can be full of crazy stuff and you sure don't want to bet your life on that. Please be smart and fly safe. All contents of this website are © Pacific Northwest Flying, and may not be reproduced in any form without permission.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 09:58:17 PM by davidh »
David Herman
N6170T - 1965 Cessna 150E
Boeing Field, Seattle, WA

JeffD

Re: Anderson Field Airport (S97) - Overview
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 06:55:30 AM »
Anderson used to be a hot bed of aviation activity in the 60's and 70's.  I was in the CAP cadet program and remembered meeting Bob Hoover and Duane Cole during their annual event.

Brewster used to have one only a few certified pylon racing courses in the US back then.  I don't remember seeing any "unlimited" racers there, but many formula style racers were known to fly the course.

After a few of the key movers and shakers at the airport passed on, it eventually began to deteriorate and by the late 80's was no more the gem it once was.

I received my ticket at Golden Wings Aviation which still operates on the field.
Jeff Davis
Kennewick WA

Seangraham

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 06:25:51 PM »
I visited this airport last September for a golf trip to Gamble Sands GC. Still not many facilities at this airport but if you're a golfer, Gamble Sands GC is a 10 minute drive away. They have a great restaurant at the golf course and will send someone to pick you up at the airport if you contact them before landing. Can get quite gusty in the afternoon so be prepared for a crosswind landing/takeoff.

pilot82

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 11:30:41 AM »
As of 6/19/17 there is a courtesy car available at the airport on a first-come, first-served basis.