Please login or register.

TinyPortal - simple content managment for SMF

News: “Flying is like good music: it elevates the spirit and it's an exhilarating freedom. It's not a thrill thing or an adrenaline rush; it's engaging in a process that takes focus and commitment." - Harrison Ford

Author Topic: SAIBs Issued for C-150/152 Elevator  (Read 195 times)

SunnySequim CessnaDriver

• N4692L 1966 Cessna 172G Sequim Valley W28.

SAIBs Issued for C-150/152 Elevator
« on: May 25, 2017, 01:26:45 PM »
On May 11, 2017, the FAA issued a Special Airworthiness Information Bulletin (SAIB) that highlights the potential for loose elevator attach bolts on certain Cessna 150/152 models. The SAIB was issued based on a service difficulty report of an elevator hinge bolt backing out on a C-150. The FAA recommends performing the inspections detailed in the Cessna supplemental inspection document (SID) 55-10-01. Both the SAIB and the SID(s) can be found here http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgSAIB.nsf/(LookupSAIBs)/CE-17-12?OpenDocument
"It's better to fly an old Cessna 150, than to sit at home reading about jets."

Wombat

• Clay Chase Flight

Re: SAIBs Issued for C-150/152 Elevator
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 05:50:02 PM »
FYI, I suspect that this is related to an issue I had in a C150 out at Hoquiam on December 6th.  I reported it to the NTSB and FAA (as required by NTSB 830) and they seemed interested.

From what I understand they inspected the aircraft before allowing it to be repaired as well as all of the maintenance logs.    Based on the fact that they issued this I assume that all maintenance was found to be within standard and that the standards don't protect against this failure.
Commercial ASEL ASES
Private AMEL
CFI Single Engine
AGI

Currently own and fly:
Mooney M20E N6946U from Renton, WA
Cessna 182 N5084D from Boeing Field

Currently Building:
Velocity XL-RG

bryan_flying

Re: SAIBs Issued for C-150/152 Elevator
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 06:22:05 PM »
Thus demonstrating why one really should report these things!   Good on you!   (Or whomever else may have found it the first time!)