Please login or register.

TinyPortal - simple content managment for SMF

News: “Flying is like good music: it elevates the spirit and it's an exhilarating freedom. It's not a thrill thing or an adrenaline rush; it's engaging in a process that takes focus and commitment." - Harrison Ford

Author Topic: just a heads up, Corvallis self-serve out of commission  (Read 528 times)

bfrederick

just a heads up, Corvallis self-serve out of commission
« on: May 05, 2017, 07:03:54 AM »
just a heads up that Corvallis - kcvo, Self-serve fuel was out of commission yesterday, guessing it still is. If you need fuel, Albany S12 has fuel and it's 50 cents cheaper.
C-182

tosten

• I heart flying

Re: just a heads up, Corvallis self-serve out of commission
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 06:54:40 PM »
just a heads up that Corvallis - kcvo, Self-serve fuel was out of commission yesterday, guessing it still is. If you need fuel, Albany S12 has fuel and it's 50 cents cheaper.

And cookies in the pilot lounge, at least they did when I was there last summer.
Paul

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things"  -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

P35 Bonanza--KHIO

LeeB

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 05:36:22 AM »
Is Albany a good overnight stop? I'm mainly concerned about security and tie downs.
Lee
Now flying an SLSA RV12

tosten

• I heart flying

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 07:03:48 PM »
And you a can taxi to Chinese food.
Paul

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things"  -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

P35 Bonanza--KHIO

bfrederick

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 07:46:02 AM »
they still have cookies. we've been known to fly in just for that.....

I would imagine Albany is fine for an overnight stop. The FBO is open 7 days/wk I think.
C-182

tosten

• I heart flying

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 08:47:38 PM »
they still have cookies. we've been known to fly in just for that.....

I would imagine Albany is fine for an overnight stop. The FBO is open 7 days/wk I think.

How's the Chinese food?  Been thinking about giving it a try.
Paul

P35 Bonanza--KHIO

2appraise

• Infinite Air Center

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 08:47:59 PM »
The chinese food is good.  They changed ownership about 1.5 years ago and it has been good since.  They have lunch buffet with good selection so I highly recommend them.  Just note that they are closed on Mondays.

And overnight is not a problem.  City of Albany doesn't charge overnight parking fees for the first 7 nights.  We have plenty of ramp space and if you stay at one of the nearby hotels (Comfort Suites or Best Western), you can taxi to a ramp next to the hotels.  Also, if you stay there, make sure to ask for Airport Rate!

As for security, we have never had any incidents in the past 2 1/2 years I have been here.

Come by and if you need a crew car for short periods or need a car rental, give us a call beforehand.
Infinite Air Center
Albany Municipal Airport - S12
E. thann@InfiniteAirCenter.com | P. 541.730.3345
W. www.InfiniteAirCenter.com | www.RotaxMaintenance.com
www.facebook.com/infiniteaircenter