Please login or register.

TinyPortal - simple content managment for SMF

News: “Flying is like good music: it elevates the spirit and it's an exhilarating freedom. It's not a thrill thing or an adrenaline rush; it's engaging in a process that takes focus and commitment." - Harrison Ford

Author Topic: RV Partnership wanted/for sale  (Read 821 times)

flynfrfun

RV Partnership wanted/for sale
« on: February 22, 2017, 09:20:05 AM »
Hi everyone.  First post here, but long time lurker.  I'm looking for an RV6A, 7A or 9A partnership.  It would be great to find someone that has one and is not flying it enough.  I live in Bonney Lake, so it would have to be based somewhere close like Auburn or Puyallup.  Thanks!

Edited to add that I'm looking for an RV6, 6A, or a 9A for sale too.  Why I'm not looking for a 7?  They typically go for more than I'm willing to spend :(
Josh
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 07:46:03 AM by flynfrfun »

flynfrfun

Re: RV Partnership wanted/for sale
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 07:47:17 AM »
Edited to add that if you have one for sale to let me know.  Thanks
Josh

Koskito1

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 09:52:27 AM »
Hi,

Were you able to find any RVs for sale?  I am interested in a RV-9A.  I live in Seattle area and I own a cessna 150 based at KPAE but I am looking to upgrade to a RV-9A.

Please let me know,
Thanks,
Oscar
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 11:51:39 AM by Koskito1 »

flynfrfun

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 05:43:10 AM »
Thanks Oscar, PM'd you.  I think I might be pursuing buying an RV4 at this time.  Working on my tailwheel endorsement right now. Nobody responded to my post.  Ideally, I would like to find a retiree that already owns an RV who is on the fence on selling due to reduced usage.  Partnering would allow him to keep the plane at half the expenses with much less pressure to fly it as often to justify the cost of ownership:-) Plus it would be awesome to have an old timer take me under their wing.  I could learn a lot and hopefully make a friend.

I knew this would be a "shot in the dark" because it really takes the right personalities/mindset to make a successful partnership.   And in my limited area, the odds of finding someone wanting to partner is slim.  My intent is not time building, just flying for the fun of it with a couple of trips to AZ and Oshkosh per year and taking the wife on breakfast and dinner outings.  I don't think I would fly often enough to justify sole ownership, but I might go ahead with it anyways.
Josh