Please login or register.

TinyPortal - simple content managment for SMF

News: “Flying is like good music: it elevates the spirit and it's an exhilarating freedom. It's not a thrill thing or an adrenaline rush; it's engaging in a process that takes focus and commitment." - Harrison Ford

Author Topic: Oregon bill seeks to ban 100LL by 2022  (Read 723 times)

Pilawt

Oregon bill seeks to ban 100LL by 2022
« on: February 16, 2017, 06:27:55 AM »
Jeff Jacobs
C-172N-180
KGYR / Phoenix AZ

zam

Re: Oregon bill seeks to ban 100LL by 2022
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 07:38:24 PM »
That should be enough time for a transition if it is to occur, right?

Skyslug 150

• I wish I was Flying

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 08:27:35 PM »
So, it says may not sell, buy or USE leaded avgas in "this state".  So if you have 100 LL in your tanks could you no longer fly over Oregon?  Or could you fly over but not land? Or could you fly over and land but then not take off?  Not really looking for a serious answer, just stirring things up.
1967 Cessna 150   It's old, it's slow, but it's paid for and it's mine.

piperfan

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 09:21:22 AM »
So, it says may not sell, buy or USE leaded avgas in "this state".  So if you have 100 LL in your tanks could you no longer fly over Oregon?  Or could you fly over but not land? Or could you fly over and land but then not take off?  Not really looking for a serious answer, just stirring things up.

It's a valid question. Afterall, it's the burned fallout that's more harmful than static Avgas in a tank. I think that was the major excuse to close down Hillsboro.
PA28-180E
CZBB, Vancouver, BC

Domenick

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 08:11:01 AM »
It's a valid question. Afterall, it's the burned fallout that's more harmful than static Avgas in a tank. I think that was the major excuse to close down Hillsboro.
Wait. Did I miss something? Hillsboro, OR was closed down? Not according to AirNav. Now I'm confused :)
Domenick
PA-28-161
Snohomish, WA, Harvey Field, S43

tosten

• I heart flying

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 03:08:36 PM »

Wait. Did I miss something? Hillsboro, OR was closed down? Not according to AirNav. Now I'm confused :)

http://www.oregonaviationwatch.org/

Just read this and the real intent is clear.  The issues keep changing but the mission remains the same.
Paul

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things"  -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

P35 Bonanza--KHIO

piperfan

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 10:53:49 AM »

My Apologies. Should have typed: "I think that was the major excuse to try and close down Hillsboro."
PA28-180E
CZBB, Vancouver, BC