Please login or register.

TinyPortal - simple content managment for SMF

News: “Flying is like good music: it elevates the spirit and it's an exhilarating freedom. It's not a thrill thing or an adrenaline rush; it's engaging in a process that takes focus and commitment." - Harrison Ford

Author Topic: Dynamic Prop Balancing and Vibe analysis  (Read 853 times)

Larry Pine

Dynamic Prop Balancing and Vibe analysis
« on: January 09, 2017, 10:14:23 AM »
Flying weather is right around the corner. Get ready.  I am offering Dynamic propeller balancing in the NW area.  Based out of Arlington (KAWO) but can travel if needed.  Prevent premature airframe and engine wear.  Statically balanced is not the same as dynamically balanced! I have the availability to do a standard dynamic balance as well as perform a detailed spectrum analysis of your airframe or engine. I am using the latest Dynavibe GX2.  When finished, I will hand you a printout so you can see exactly where your vibrations were before and where they are at the finish.  No more guess work.  Email for availability.  Larry DynamicAeroLlc@yahoo.com
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 02:48:01 PM by Larry Pine »

Comanche pilot

Re: Dynamic Prop Balancing and Vib analysis
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 09:00:42 AM »
I must report that this was a most excellent experience! My engine is so much smoother, it's incredible. I didn't think it was all that bad to begin with, but it turns out, it was way out of balance. I only wish I would have done it sooner. It may have saved me from repairing quite a few instruments over the years. Larry is very knowledgeable and took the time to get everything just right! Thanks again!
Sincerely,
Kevin
Kevin
PA-24 Comanche
AWO

SunnySequim CessnaDriver

• N4692L 1966 Cessna 172G Sequim Valley W28.

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 10:51:02 PM »
I must report that this was a most excellent experience! My engine is so much smoother, it's incredible. I didn't think it was all that bad to begin with, but it turns out, it was way out of balance. I only wish I would have done it sooner. It may have saved me from repairing quite a few instruments over the years. Larry is very knowledgeable and took the time to get everything just right! Thanks again!
Sincerely,
Kevin

Thanks, Kevin. A good PIREP is so valuable.
Dan.
"It's better to fly an old Cessna 150, than to sit at home reading about jets."

114SM

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 11:14:30 AM »
Dan,

I have a three blade Rockwell 114. New engine and prop. Im in the PDX area. Can you give me an idea of how much this would be and how long Id need to be up there?

Thanks,
Tim

groupw

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 01:24:07 PM »
I'm interested too and would like the same info as Tim. Mine is a C-150 with a new engine and recently overhauled two blade prop. Would you prefer a PM?

Roy

Larry Pine

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 03:19:46 PM »
PM sent.