Please login or register.

TinyPortal - simple content managment for SMF

News: “Flying is like good music: it elevates the spirit and it's an exhilarating freedom. It's not a thrill thing or an adrenaline rush; it's engaging in a process that takes focus and commitment." - Harrison Ford
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tempest UREM37BY Spark Plugs  (Read 2258 times)

hotrod180

• Cessna Skywagon-- accept no substitutes!

Re: Tempest UREM37BY Spark Plugs
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2017, 08:42:10 PM »
The resistor is located under that screw.
When a plug goes bad (as opposed to physically wearing out), it's usually the resistor failing.
My favorite uncle (now deceased) was an A&P back in the day.
He told me that Champion used to sell replacement resistors.
I imagine Champion (and whoever else made plugs back then) must have figured out that they weren't gonna make near as much money selling replacement resistors as they would selling new plugs.

piperfan

Re: Tempest UREM37BY Spark Plugs
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2017, 09:28:57 AM »
The trouble with the new style Champion plugs is that they still have the EXACT part number as their old trouble prone plug.

So, when purchasing them, one doesn't know if they are the new or old.

Plus, they did this all in secrecy, all the while ignoring the tide of dissatisfied customers.

Champion..................NEVER!!

Old styles are completely out of the system, so you don't have to worry. Comes down to personal choice.

As far as dis-satisfaction goes, Champion answered my question regarding the new style when it happened, a few years ago. I told the rep (Shane) that I had bought New Champs but could not tell if new style or old without opening the package. (which makes it useless for a return) He told me to open and if Old style, he would replace for me at his cost. (and keep the old style)

Shane gave me his personal mobile number for any other questions or problems that may occur with new style. Still running them after 300 hours and only clean/gap at each 50 hours. Lyc. O-360-A4A.

Pf

PA28-180E
CZBB, Vancouver, BC
Pages: 1 [2]