Please login or register.

TinyPortal - simple content managment for SMF

News: “Flying is like good music: it elevates the spirit and it's an exhilarating freedom. It's not a thrill thing or an adrenaline rush; it's engaging in a process that takes focus and commitment." - Harrison Ford

Author Topic: Hillsboro DPEs  (Read 460 times)

tosten

• I heart flying

Hillsboro DPEs
« on: August 28, 2016, 08:57:52 AM »
It's about time for my commercial ASEL checkride.  I've contacted the two DPE's my instructor has used the most.  One just recently retired, the other doesn't seem to want to do rides out of HIO any more and doesn't seem to return my emails anyway.  >:( 

I'm familiar with the list from the FAA website, but I'm looking for specific recommendations.  Who works well with a lowly part 61 guy, answers email, etc.  Feel free to PM if you feel that's more appropriate.
Paul

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things"  -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

P35 Bonanza--KHIO

Steves' Apache

Re: Hillsboro DPEs
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 08:54:39 PM »
I was there last Thursday and got a single engine commercial check ride with a DPE who was working with Hillsboro Areo Academy.  His first name was Mike.

hotrod180

• Cessna Skywagon-- accept no substitutes!

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 09:00:29 AM »
Going for a second career, Steve?

Steves' Apache

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 09:17:10 AM »
The only way you will give me a ride in your airplane is if I am giving you a biannual review, so that means I have to become a CFI..