Please login or register.

TinyPortal - simple content managment for SMF

News: “Flying is like good music: it elevates the spirit and it's an exhilarating freedom. It's not a thrill thing or an adrenaline rush; it's engaging in a process that takes focus and commitment." - Harrison Ford

Author Topic: Server migration coming 5/26  (Read 555 times)

davidh

• Administrator
  • Wishing I was out there flying instead of surfing.

Server migration coming 5/26
« on: May 21, 2016, 09:09:27 PM »
The service that hosts the forum will be moving things around on Thursday 5/26, migrating the forum to a new server.  If all goes well, there should only be a few minutes of downtime or glitchyness.  If all does not go well, the forum might be offline for a few hours (I hope it's not longer than than).

Unfortunately, they can't provide a more specific time window for when the cut-over will take place.  Complicating things, my current work project at my day job is currently in crunch mode, so I have little personal bandwidth to tend to things.  If bad stuff happens, things might be offline or wonky for a day or two.  If that happens, I will try to tend to things over the weekend of 5/28-5/29.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping nothing goes sideways with the server migration (but will make a full backup on Wednesday just to cover all bases).

Bottom line: if the lights go out on Thursday, I'll try and fix it ASAP, but that might be a day or two.  Thanks for your patience.
David Herman
N6170T - 1965 Cessna 150E
Boeing Field, Seattle, WA

hotrod180

• Cessna Skywagon-- accept no substitutes!

Re: Server migration coming 5/26
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 09:59:12 PM »
Thank you for your work maintaining this website for the rest of us to enjoy.

Al Gilson

• Global Moderator
  • "Go Eagles!" (I'm on the left)
    • Hangar 49

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 09:37:40 AM »
The service that hosts the forum will be moving things around on Thursday 5/26, migrating the forum to a new server.  If all goes well, there should only be a few minutes of downtime or glitchyness.  If all does not go well, the forum might be offline for a few hours (I hope it's not longer than than).

Thanks David.  We'll keep our fingers crossed.

Al (I need more personal bandwidth, too!) Gilson
Al (insert witty statement here) Gilson
Cuurently planeless
KSFF Spokane, WA
www.hangar49.info

piperfan

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 03:53:18 PM »
Thanks, appreciate it.
PA28-180E
CZBB, Vancouver, BC