Please login or register.

TinyPortal - simple content managment for SMF

News: “Flying is like good music: it elevates the spirit and it's an exhilarating freedom. It's not a thrill thing or an adrenaline rush; it's engaging in a process that takes focus and commitment." - Harrison Ford
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sno County flight schools  (Read 2035 times)

z71thunder

Re: Sno County flight schools
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM »
Good advise.  Unfortunately I did miss the aviation show.  I'm also in the process of trying to buy and sale and house, so until I need get that checked off the list, so  I have to miss out on things like that.  Most importantly the $$ made on the sale of my house is financing the lessons.

z71thunder

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2016, 06:18:13 PM »
Another thing I forgot to ask.  I'm 5'10 195.  152 or 172? I know it will also depend of CFI size and cost of 152 is a lot less. 

CubFlying.com

• American Legend Super Cub
    • CubFlying.com

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2016, 06:31:46 PM »
You shouldn't have too much of a problem squeezing into a 152.  I trained in a 172, but got checked out in 152 right after private. Fun machines.

Daryl
Daryl Hickman, CFI

"If you push the stick forward, the houses get bigger. If you pull the stick back, they get smaller. That is, unless you keep pulling the stick all the way back, then they get bigger again."

Domenick

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2016, 08:32:36 AM »
In the 152, if your instructor is of average height and weight, you'll likely be or nearly be shoulder to shoulder. Not a training problem, unless it is a personal problem. I'd at least start in the 152 and move up if you find it an issue.
Domenick
PA-28-161
Snohomish, WA, Harvey Field, S43

Dan_Root

• When I set my timing, why do I flush, then pee?

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2016, 12:58:22 PM »
I did my check-ride through SFS and like the people, CFI's and facility.  Best thing to do is get started, even if money and time are not all that available, getting started helps to keep it going.
L8A - Slightly modified
Pages: 1 [2]