Please login or register.

TinyPortal - simple content managment for SMF

News: “Flying is like good music: it elevates the spirit and it's an exhilarating freedom. It's not a thrill thing or an adrenaline rush; it's engaging in a process that takes focus and commitment." - Harrison Ford

Author Topic: Email Notification of PM's  (Read 1753 times)

smutny

• G Junkie
    • Northwest Skyways

Email Notification of PM's
« on: November 04, 2015, 04:55:00 PM »
I don't get a notification anymore when I get a private message.  Is there a setting I need to change or is that something at the Admin level?
John Smutny

Life is not a journey to the grave intending of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Damn, what a ride!

Al Gilson

• Global Moderator
  • "Go Eagles!" (I'm on the left)
    • Hangar 49

Re: Email Notification of PM's
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 05:23:09 PM »
I don't get a notification anymore when I get a private message.  Is there a setting I need to change or is that something at the Admin level?

I looked at your profile and you seem to have all the right buttons pushed.  Will you send me a PM so I can see if I get an email notification?

Al (No...I refuse to push your buttons.) Gilson
Al (insert witty statement here) Gilson
Cuurently planeless
KSFF Spokane, WA
www.hangar49.info

smutny

• G Junkie
    • Northwest Skyways

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 07:50:24 AM »
Al (No...I refuse to push your buttons.) Gilson

Oh, but you do, Al... you do...   >wink<
John Smutny

Life is not a journey to the grave intending of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Damn, what a ride!

SeaAir

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 05:59:05 AM »
Over that past couple of days I've sent off three PMs and have not heard back from any of them.  (Which may just mean that no one wants to talk to me.)  However, in light of this post I thought I would mention it.

Warren

smutny

• G Junkie
    • Northwest Skyways

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 07:11:47 AM »
Well, in my case they were routed to a spam folder.  Since joining the forum, I've changed my email address and merged accounts.  That put my original spam folder from tat account deep in the folder tree of the newer account.  I had to dig around before I found what was happening.
John Smutny

SeaAir

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 03:14:32 PM »
I just received an email notification from one of the PM I sent, so it is probably ok.

Warren