Please login or register.

TinyPortal - simple content managment for SMF

News: “Flying is like good music: it elevates the spirit and it's an exhilarating freedom. It's not a thrill thing or an adrenaline rush; it's engaging in a process that takes focus and commitment." - Harrison Ford
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Rainier Flight Service vs Pavco Aviation  (Read 3505 times)

TCovey

• Well HARDY har HAR!

Re: Rainier Flight Service vs Pavco Aviation
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2015, 04:34:06 PM »
I have a couple of thousand hours... and have always tried to mix it up as far as Flight schools instructors and Maintenance shops.   (Own my Plane).

So this is what I have seen...  right now I am looking at Rainer...for Instrument Proficiency..    They seem to pass the Friendly, and service test...

they seem to be well organized...

So now its start to hang out and meet a few Instructors and see if they feel comfortable to me..  See if they talk the right talk...  and then try one... in a VFR lesson..
I personally for my Instrument work want to see if they are good traffic spotters, if they are confident in there lessons and number one if they fit my personality...  They need to be a good friend and confidant.

Remember your trusting your life and education of life and safety in them.    Try a person and don't feel bad if you want someone else.   Remember your paying.

Now As far as Maintenance of your own aircraft  You should see the process I go through to select a person I trust with my T210...  We might as well be married.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 04:35:57 PM by TCovey »
Asking a Pilot at what point is it economical to own a plane, is like asking a parent at what point it it economical to have kids.

hotrod180

• Cessna Skywagon-- accept no substitutes!

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2015, 10:47:47 PM »
I'm in the final stages of researching flight schools. I've narrowed my final choices down to Rainier Flight Service and Pavco Aviation.  .......

So did you ever make your choice and/or start your flying?

Pilotspencer

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2015, 11:14:24 AM »
I'm leaning heavily towards Rainier. I will start in the spring/early summer so I can be old enough to solo.
Pages: 1 [2]