Please login or register.

TinyPortal - simple content managment for SMF

News: “Flying is like good music: it elevates the spirit and it's an exhilarating freedom. It's not a thrill thing or an adrenaline rush; it's engaging in a process that takes focus and commitment." - Harrison Ford

Author Topic: ...and...it's back online  (Read 971 times)

davidh

• Administrator
  • Wishing I was out there flying instead of surfing.

...and...it's back online
« on: July 16, 2015, 07:50:51 AM »
Sorry about the multi-day outage.  As luck would have it, I was away overseas when it happened, with no connectivity (thank you to those of you who left messages alerting me to the problem, which I did receive upon returning).

The fix was actually pretty easy, once I got back home and had a moment to whack the server, although there's some mystery around why the issue occurred.  I'll investigate the log files this weekend (assuming my airplane still hasn't come home from it's 3-month-long annual  ??? - it is does, I'm going flying).  In any case, I believe things should be OK now.  My apologies for the down time.
David Herman
N6170T - 1965 Cessna 150E
Boeing Field, Seattle, WA

Al Gilson

• Global Moderator
  • "Go Eagles!" (I'm on the left)
    • Hangar 49

Re: ...and...it's back online
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 08:18:03 AM »
Thanks, David.  Surely, we will have a long line of volunteers to help you "whack" the server.  Kind of like the scene in the movie "Airplane."

Al (and don't call me Shirley) Gilson
Al (insert witty statement here) Gilson
Cuurently planeless
KSFF Spokane, WA
www.hangar49.info

smutny

• G Junkie
    • Northwest Skyways

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 08:34:51 AM »
Yay!
John Smutny

Life is not a journey to the grave intending of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Damn, what a ride!

LeeB

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 08:44:16 AM »
Welcome back, I hope you got underwater some!
Lee
Now flying an SLSA RV12

davidh

• Administrator
  • Wishing I was out there flying instead of surfing.

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 09:22:07 AM »
Welcome back, I hope you got underwater some!
Thanks, but nope, no underwater time this time (the trip was England and Scotland, and the water there is a little cold for my tastes...although I was briefly tempted to get a dive in when we were in the Orkney islands, where apparently most of the German Navy was sunk in Scapa Flow at the end of WWI - multiple battleships and cruisers down there...but that water is as cold as ours!).

(note to self: the next time I go away, whack the forum server before I jet off to the other side of the planet...).
David Herman
N6170T - 1965 Cessna 150E
Boeing Field, Seattle, WA