Please login or register.

TinyPortal - simple content managment for SMF

News: “Flying is like good music: it elevates the spirit and it's an exhilarating freedom. It's not a thrill thing or an adrenaline rush; it's engaging in a process that takes focus and commitment." - Harrison Ford

Author Topic: Forum back online - sorry about that  (Read 1194 times)

davidh

• Administrator
  • Wishing I was out there flying instead of surfing.

Forum back online - sorry about that
« on: January 04, 2014, 10:49:33 AM »
As some of you may have noticed, the forum was knocked offline a few days ago, and has been unavailable.

It's back now (obviously, if you are reading this).  However, the root cause of the recent outage has not been completely addressed, so it's possible we may experience some downtime as I continue to troubleshoot and patch up.  If I am going to take the forum offline for planned maintenance, I'll try to post some advance warning.  Since I am still troubleshooting the cause of the recent outage (which I do not yet completely understand), the possibility exists that there may be another unexpected outage.  I'll do my best to keep such events to a minimum.

Since I'm still futzing with things in the background (and doing a thorough backup...) things may be a little slow or unresponsive in the next day or two.  Don't worry, that doesn't mean the whole house of cards is collapsing (at least not yet).

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the interruptions.
David Herman
N6170T - 1965 Cessna 150E
Boeing Field, Seattle, WA

Al Gilson

• Global Moderator
  • "Go Eagles!" (I'm on the left)
    • Hangar 49

Re: Forum back online - sorry about that
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 11:33:22 AM »
Thanks for checking it out and getting it back up to altitude.

Al (was going through withdrawal) Gilson
Al (insert witty statement here) Gilson
Cuurently planeless
KSFF Spokane, WA
www.hangar49.info

Comanche pilot

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 06:34:08 PM »
Thanks David!! I hope you have a great New Year!
Kevin
PA-24 Comanche
AWO

MikeW

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 07:14:59 PM »
Thanks David. Another forum I belong to was hacked and taken down.(Bayliner Owners Club) It took them a bit of hair pulling and a server change to get somewhat back to normal. Hope that is not happening here.
P.S. In case I forgot "Happy New year" and thanks to all of you for the exceptional work you do for all of us.....Mike   :)
Mike Williams
CAM3-Duncan B.C
C-172 C-GHDZ
CASARA Pilot