Please login or register.

TinyPortal - simple content managment for SMF

News: “Flying is like good music: it elevates the spirit and it's an exhilarating freedom. It's not a thrill thing or an adrenaline rush; it's engaging in a process that takes focus and commitment." - Harrison Ford

Author Topic: Log in issue  (Read 3654 times)

MikeW

« on: January 02, 2014, 10:01:39 AM »
This is what I get when I try to log in the usual way. Is this a real problem we have or is it on my side.. If I drop the .com from pacificnorthwestflying  I can log in....  http://www.pacificnorthwestflying.com/images/PNWFdotcom-logo.gif
Pacific Northwest Flying

Forum Status -

Wednesday, January 1, 2014 - Happy New Year

Something seems to have broken the forum. I am investigating, but do not yet have specifics on the cause, and no ETA for a fix.

I will post an update when I know more about what has gone wrong. My apologies for the interruption. Thanks for your patience.

Sorry, forum unavailable.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 10:04:50 AM by MikeW »
Mike Williams
CAM3-Duncan B.C
C-172 C-GHDZ
CASARA Pilot

hotrod150

Re: Log in issue
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 12:00:39 PM »
I had trouble getting the site to open for me monday & tuesday. Back to normal yesterday (wed). Gremlins I guess, or Santy Claus's elves are bored now that they're laid off.

N804RV

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 01:01:24 PM »
I have trouble getting to the index page when using the .com address.  However, http://www.pacificnorthwestflying.com/index.php?board=1.0 works just fine. 

I'm guessing there's a broken link to the site's default index page.
Ken W.
Mount Vernon, WA

PP ASEL, Complex, High Perf and Tailwheel endorsements.
RV-8 Empennage Kit mostly finished
         Wings in work

tonyrob

• Global Moderator
    • The World According To Tony

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 08:13:17 PM »
Yep - .com address still leads to maintenance page.

Tony
C-GICE
Caution: Cape does not enable user to fly.
(Walmart warning label 1995)

hotrod150

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 08:32:05 PM »
......http://www.pacificnorthwestflying.com/index.php?board=1.0 works just fine. 

That's the address I normally log onto. It was not working for me monday & tuesday, but is back to normal now.

Les

• Global Moderator
    • Les Flue . Com

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 08:33:25 PM »
Yeah.  It looks like the .com page was redirected during the outage.  With the maintenance that was/is being performed it would need to be redirected.  The other pages are still there, that is why the direct links still work.
- Les
N113CM
KYKM
http://www.lesflue.com

N804RV

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 08:31:24 AM »
......http://www.pacificnorthwestflying.com/index.php?board=1.0 works just fine. 

That's the address I normally log onto. It was not working for me monday & tuesday, but is back to normal now.

When I'm at work, and not busy, I may use a variety of different PCs to surf over to PNWF, just to see what's going on (I have one of those jobs that require me to hang around and wait for something to happen).

When I do, I just type the domain name (pacificnorthwestflying.com) into the address bar.  Normally, that would automatically be redirected to "http://www.pacificnorthwestflying.com/index.php."

When I was maintaining a website, I used a software program that automated a lot of the administrative duties, including a protocol to redirect a visitor to an error page in the event that something happened that caused a link to a page on the site to be broken, usually as a result of a mistake I made when I made updates or changes to the site.

As of today, 1/4/14, it appears that there is still a problem with steering visitors to the default index page when they use the domain name (pacificnorthwestflying.com) in the address bar. 

Not a big deal.  I just have to remember to add "/index.php" when I type the address in instead of just using the "favorites" list.
Ken W.
Mount Vernon, WA

Wings in work

tonyrob

• Global Moderator
    • The World According To Tony

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 04:47:30 PM »
It is working now.

Tony
C-GICE
Caution: Cape does not enable user to fly.
(Walmart warning label 1995)

davidh

• Administrator
  • Wishing I was out there flying instead of surfing.

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 05:57:40 PM »
Still futzing with the bits, so there may be minor blips and times when things slow down a little, but should be OK otherwise.  I'll post an all-clear when the futzing is done, but things should generally be back to usual by the end of the weekend (fingers crossed...).
David Herman
N6170T - 1965 Cessna 150E
Boeing Field, Seattle, WA

N804RV

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 09:54:40 PM »
Still futzing with the bits, so there may be minor blips and times when things slow down a little, but should be OK otherwise.  I'll post an all-clear when the futzing is done, but things should generally be back to usual by the end of the weekend (fingers crossed...).

My hat's off to ya!  I never much liked the webadmin job.  Its a real PITA and it doesn't pay enough...;-)
Ken W.
Mount Vernon, WA

Wings in work

Frank

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2014, 02:53:10 AM »
Everything working ok for me.

tomasdds

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2014, 10:29:50 AM »
Thanks to David and his minions for this site.  I was pretty lost while the site was down.

tomas
ykm

CubFlying.com

• '48 Cub Special, '15 Super Legend Cub
    • CubFlying.com

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2014, 05:35:39 PM »
Thanks to David and his minions for this site.  I was pretty lost while the site was down.

tomas
ykm

Agreed. 
Daryl Hickman, CFI

"If the highest aim of a captain were to preserve his ship, he would keep it in port forever." - Thomas Aquinas