Please login or register.

TinyPortal - simple content managment for SMF

News: “Flying is like good music: it elevates the spirit and it's an exhilarating freedom. It's not a thrill thing or an adrenaline rush; it's engaging in a process that takes focus and commitment." - Harrison Ford

Author Topic: Starduster Cafe  (Read 1836 times)

groupw

Starduster Cafe
« on: May 28, 2011, 10:01:44 PM »
Independence is a favorite destination for most of us in the Willamette Valley and nearby because of the Starduster Cafe. It's right at the airport, and on a nice day you can sit outside under a big shade tree and watch the airplanes from the edge of the apron. Food and service are good, pretty standard breakfast, burger, and sandwich fare. Cafe is open until 3:00 daily.

Roy

2appraise

• Infinite Air Center

Re: Starduster Cafe
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 01:03:15 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I was not aware of a restaurant on field and must stop by soon.
Infinite Air Center
Albany Municipal Airport - S12
E. thann@InfiniteAirCenter.com | P. 541.730.3345
W. www.InfiniteAirCenter.com | www.RotaxMaintenance.com
www.facebook.com/infiniteaircenter

Frank

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 07:55:40 PM »
On nice days -- lots of traffic.  Good food IMHO and the outside sitting is great.  Watch for a wet bottom on the chairs after a rain.  Ask me how I know.

chavycha

• Neither old nor bold.

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 03:20:26 PM »
Surprisingly good, cheap food here.  Easy place to get in and out of, just make sure to note the Salem Class D to the NE.
Based in beautiful Creswell, Oregon (77S)

hotrod150

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 09:06:02 AM »
I was down at Indy a couple weeks ago. Nice little airport in a great flying area. Breakfast at the Starduster Cafe was great, and only $26 for three guys. 100LL was pretty cheap too at only $5.70/gallon.

Cabbage

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 05:41:26 AM »
Flew into Independence yesterday with my wife just to eat lunch at the Starduster.  Quick service, good food, busy place.  Highly recommended.  Fuel was $3.79.