Please login or register.

TinyPortal - simple content managment for SMF

News: “Flying is like good music: it elevates the spirit and it's an exhilarating freedom. It's not a thrill thing or an adrenaline rush; it's engaging in a process that takes focus and commitment." - Harrison Ford

Author Topic: fun grass strip  (Read 230 times)

bfrederick

fun grass strip
« on: July 31, 2017, 07:52:19 AM »
flew into McKenzie bridge yesterday morning. This grass strip is pretty deep in a canyon so suggest doing a fly-over to pick your escape route if you need one. Other than the canyon, was a pretty easy take off-landing. The field is in decent condition, dry and a little bumpy but not bad. If you've ever wondered where grass-hoppers and lizards go to hang out, it's at this airstrip.
Had the whole place to myself, although the sign-in sheet showed that someone had flown in the day before.
It's about 1/2 mile hike to the McKenzie river.
C-182

tosten

• I heart flying

Re: fun grass strip
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 04:17:51 PM »
Do any fishing?  I was looking at a map trying to figure out places I could fly to and fish.  I had noticed this one.
Paul

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things"  -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

P35 Bonanza--KHIO

bfrederick

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 10:48:20 AM »
no, but that was my intention as well. Lots of rafters, river was pretty fast in that area. I'm going to make another trip back in the fall and hike to the hot springs.
C-182

chavycha

• Neither old nor bold.

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 01:34:33 PM »
The upper Mac is a tough bird from the bank.  I have floated it many times and the holes are few and far between.  The good ones are only accessible by boat.
Based in beautiful Creswell, Oregon (77S)