Please login or register.

TinyPortal - simple content managment for SMF

News: “Flying is like good music: it elevates the spirit and it's an exhilarating freedom. It's not a thrill thing or an adrenaline rush; it's engaging in a process that takes focus and commitment." - Harrison Ford

Author Topic: Lebanair - Wonderful  (Read 873 times)

spyingpotato

• The Airport? What is it?

Lebanair - Wonderful
« on: April 13, 2014, 07:36:14 PM »
I spent last night in Lebanon. I called them to confirm a car and found out the free pilots bedroom is no more, there was an affordable hotel they suggest.  When I showed up at 7:30pm last night they were there and expecting me.  As it's known, they have alot of cars, I got the Town Car.  I got a room, at their suggestion, for the Shanico Inn, about 1.2 miles on Main.  56 dollars after tax got me a cal-king bed in a much nicer than I expected room.  They saw I was in the Lebanair car and gave me a room in the back with nobody around.  Nice a quiet, wonderful place.  There is a Restaurant/Lounge in the parking lot next door but they were closed by the time I was wanting to eat at 9pm so I went to the Shari's down the street.  Lots of restarants if you're there during the day.   I would stay there again.  The folks running it were great, moved there from Mountlake Terrace. But they're moving on next month so it won't be the same people next time.

This morning I showed at the airport up around 9:30am and shot the breeze with Mike (I hope that was his name) while his wife, who sent me on my way with the car, was out practicing landings.  She's close to soloing, so that was cool.  They have a bunch of flight instructors, and are doing up some planes to be IFR trainers. The cars get used alot and over all it was nice to hear their really into it. REALLY into it.

Their 180hp 172 rents for $100/wet
That caught my attention

Great people, I turned them on to this site.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 07:39:08 PM by spyingpotato »
Matt
Mountlake Terrace
'69 C-150

hotrod150

Re: Lebanair - Wonderful
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 08:34:49 PM »
They used to sell E-zero mogas, do they still?

spyingpotato

• The Airport? What is it?

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 10:51:09 PM »
Yep.  Filled up on some.  The prices on their site are accurate.
Matt
Mountlake Terrace
'69 C-150

LeeB

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 06:50:26 AM »
Thanks for the PIREP, useful info.
Lee
Now flying an SLSA RV12

hotrod150

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 08:09:00 AM »
Airnav sez $5.50 for 100LL (great price!) and $4.50 for mogas (not bad for on an airport).