Please login or register.

TinyPortal - simple content managment for SMF

News: “Flying is like good music: it elevates the spirit and it's an exhilarating freedom. It's not a thrill thing or an adrenaline rush; it's engaging in a process that takes focus and commitment." - Harrison Ford

Author Topic: Itinerary for my son's trip  (Read 2715 times)

airrace

Itinerary for my son's trip
« on: December 07, 2014, 07:50:52 PM »
My first post... My son is coming up to visit from Albuquerque right after Christmas for 6 days. He's getting checked out in a Warrior at Regal Air, Paine Field. We want to do a tour with the itinerary being:KPAE, touch and go at KAWO (my sailplane airport), Oso mudslide, Anacortes Airport (touch and go), Blakely island (with permission) Orcas Island, (touch and go)  Roche Harbor, (touch and go) Friday harbor, (lunch), Lopez island (touch and go) and then on down to Mt. St. Helens staying to the west of the SeaTac class B and then on back to Paine Field. Any advice? I know Mt. St. Helens is counterclockwise traffic.

THANKS !!!

Wombat

• Clay Chase Flight

Re: Itinerary for my son's trip
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 11:00:32 AM »
You should do the transition over SeaTac.   That's always an impressive and fun leg.   I've done it dozens of times and never had ATC tell me no.
Commercial ASEL ASES
Private AMEL
CFI Single Engine
AGI

Currently own and fly:
Cessna 182 N5084D from Boeing Field

Currently Building:
Velocity XL-RG

Al Gilson

• Global Moderator
  • "Go Eagles!" (I'm on the left)
    • Hangar 49

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 05:02:56 PM »
You should do the transition over SeaTac.   That's always an impressive and fun leg.   I've done it dozens of times and never had ATC tell me no.

It is fun.  Especially for a dry-sider.

Al (Look at all the big airplanes!) Gilson
Al (insert witty statement here) Gilson
Cuurently planeless
KSFF Spokane, WA
www.hangar49.info

Dan_Root

• When I set my timing, why do I flush, then pee?

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 11:14:37 AM »
If you don't feel like doing SEA, RTN and BFI are pretty cool.  BFI always seems to have some sort of 'Big airplane' traffic to contend with.
L8A - Slightly modified